My Favorite Wang Fei CH14

 Chapter 14: The past

In the carriage, Xiao Xianyue leaned lazily onto Luo Chengxuan, her eyes showed exhaustion the two sat in the silence for a long time, after calming her heart, Xiao Xianyue slowly spoke.

"Ah Xuan, you don't want to ask why I hate them so much?"

"If you're not willing to talk then we don't have to talk about it, everything has already pasted, right now I only want you to be happy." Luo Chengxuan lightly pecked Xiao Xianyue's tightly pressed red lips, rubbed her head, and gently said.

"No, I want to tell you, only tell you!" Xiao Xianyue quietly said, if you looked closer you could tell her whole body was shaking, Luo Chengxuan hugged her tightly, and softly said, "Ok, you tell me, I am listening!"

Xiao Xianyue calmed her heart, and recalled her memory, "My mom was a countryside girl, she lived a really happy life with my grandfather and grandmother, who would have known that year when my grandfather went out hunting, he rescued back an unconscious man, and that was Xiao Yi. Young and frivolous he left home to go out and play, but accidentally ended up getting lost, and lost his baggage along the way, fainting by the side of the road. He looked upon my mom's beauty and said he wanted to marry her as his wife, my grandfather thought he wanted to repay them for the favor, and seeing that he seemed to be a gentleman he responded, and my mom's age was still young then, but early on they still had husband and wife status. When my grandfather was planning to have the two marry, he unexpectedly found out that not only did he already marry a wife, but he also took in several concubines, my mom was unwilling, but she was pregnant with big brother, she had no choice but to endure it and return to the capital with him, becoming one of his many concubines!" Xiao Xianyue said coldly, her eyes full of hatred, "Because he still didn't have any children yet, so in the beginning, he could still have been said to have been caring toward my mom, but who would have thought that at this time his wife[1] also got pregnant, slowly he became more and more indifferent toward us, and when my mom was still pregnant with me he took another one in[2]! Later on we gradually grew up, because big brother was more responsible than Xiao Shuyu, and smarter, he was constantly praised by others, thus he couldn't bear the sight of us, always doing little tricks here and there, but big brother didn't dare to be too blatant, in addition Mrs. Xiao always instigated by saying that there will be a day where big brother will take away all of Shuyu's properties, he held hatred in his heart, hiding it from Xiao Yi he stole artillery fire from the armory, and buried it in the cave where my brother and I played, to save me, big brother hurriedly pushed me away, and got crushed by the rocks himself, I...I with my own eyes...saw big brother...die in front of me!" Xiao Xianyue had long started sobbing so much that she couldn't speak, Luo Chengxuan could only give her kisses one at a time, "And I, became what they call me now a cripple!"

After a bit, Xiao Xianyue spoke again, "Mom already thought this was unbearable in the beginning, but Xiao Yi still protected Xiao Shuyu, and slandered my brother and I, adding on to the anger my mom felt and not long after, she also left...my mom had already passed away, Xiao Yi didn't even prepare funeral, and even refused to give her status, he said that the emperor would bestow a marriage, and that if I were to lose my mom at this time it would affect his position, hah, I begged him strenuously many times to no avail! After......

"After, I know all about it, you don't have to talk anymore." Luo Chengxuan hugged her while feeling a heartache, thinking back to the first time she met Xiao Xianyue......

The carriage had long stopped, but the two didn't have any plans to get off, Luo Chengxuan gently pushed away the woman crying in her arms, and looked directly into her eyes, "Yue er, big brother saved you, because he had hoped for his little sister to continue being able to live on happily, if he knew you were like this, he would definitely be sad!"

"If it wasn't for saving me, big brother would still be living peacefully, mom might also not have died......big brother entrusted mom to me, but I couldn't take care of her well......"

"Yue er, you've already done well enough, think about it, you have people who love you so dearly, even if it's just for them you should live on happily, additionally, you have me now, I will to the best of my ability love and protect you for a lifetime!"



[1]Xiao Yi only has one main wife, the rest are not called wife but concubines they also have no status and are looked down upon. 

[2]For those confused, Xiao Yi took in another concubine.


Prev            Table of Contents            Next

Comments