Mom, Happy Birthday CH1

 Part 1



Really hate gatherings, the noise from people constantly disrupts my thoughts.

"NanNan, come over here for a bit and listen to this song." My mom called out to me smiling, I went over, she put the earbud into my ear, the song playing 《Loituma Girl》.

"What song is this, I think it's pretty good." Mom's eyes lit up, filled with expectations. AhAh, I know, mom wants to enter my world.

"You interrupted my thoughts." I calmly said, "Causing me to forget something."

"Eh?" Mom was stunned. In fact this can't be all blamed on her, after all she wasn't some roundworm living in my stomach, naturally not knowing when I was thinking, and when I was daydreaming. But I am still angry.

Mom appeared to be uneasy, she was scared of angering me, but she always did this.

I threw off the earbud, she was startled, but didn't dare to say anything, always having this wronged and innocent look, irritating me.

I ignored her, returned to the room, and started organizing the things I would need to school tomorrow.

After finishing my organization, I was still irritated. I forgot something, but I can't remember what. This is all because mom disrupted my thoughts, making me forget.

All her fault!

I sat quietly by the bed trying to remember, but no matter what I couldn't remember, I was becoming more and more irritated. 

"NanNan." Outside the door, she was calling me again.

I opened the door impatiently, her hands were holding a bag of snacks and some red bills, "Didn't you say at first that you forgot something? Is it these?"

She was smiling quite fawningly, with great care.

I silently accepted the items, then harshly slammed the door, organizing the items into my luggage as well, still irritated.

Stomping back and forth, still can't remember, still can't remember, still can't remember. 

What exactly did I forget?

Exactly what thing did I forget?

I only remember that it's something important, but I just can't remember what.

"NanNan." Mom's voice rang in outside the door again, without end!

"What!" I clearly expressed my anger and impatience.

She shrank back, carrying a tray with some refreshments. "NanNan...... do you want to eat something?"

Just for something so little! Just for something so little! Coming to annoy me again!

I knocked over the tray in her hands, rushing into the kitchen, getting the fruit knife off the knife stand, while she was still unable to react, harshly stabbing it into her neck.

Blood gushed out, I didn't have much feeling, only wanting her to shut up, I felt annoyed, there was something really important that I forgot! All because of her!

She weakly fell to the ground, eyes full of disbelief......probably, in fact I couldn't read up on her emotions through the dead eyes.

Just one stab didn't assuage my anger, I continued stabbing, until her neck was completely punctured, only leaving a little bit a flesh still connecting.

The surroundings have finally become quiet, but my irritation didn't leave me.

What, exactly what is it, that I forgot?

 

Comments

  1. Hello~
    Traslatornim..
    It's very heart-warming short story. If you allow me, I woyld like to translate burmese version. Please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am the translator. Thank you for asking and yes you may translate it to Burmese.

      Delete

Post a Comment